Coastal Maine Vacations provides photos, virtual tours, maps, amenity details and reviews about the property you will be renting. Our staff has first-hand knowledge of each property, so don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Further, check out Coastal Maine Vacations' profile on Better Business Bureau.
Our rentals include amenities such as high-speed internet (speed varies), linens, towels, microwave, dishes, pots, pans, and other kitchen essentials. Most have televisions (check your listing to verify). We pay attention to the small details needed for your trip by providing starter supplies of shampoo, conditioner, paper towels, dishwasher detergent, soaps, trash bags, etc. We provide everything you come to expect from a fine hotel, and then some. Refer to the individual rental listing to see more amenity information .
When you book direct with Coastal Maine Vacations you avoid paying service fees that traditional listing sites like Airbnb and VRBO charge. Our prices are also competitive with rent-from-owner rates, but we offer professional service, and immediate on-site assistance should the need arise.
You can rent any of our properties by booking directly on this website using a credit card or debit card.
When you book, 1/3 of your total reservation cost or a minimum of $300 is charged a deposit to secure your rental. 30 days before your arrival the remaining balance is due and is charged to the card on file.
Can I pay in installments?
Many reservations are eligible for payment in installments. If partial payment is available for your reservation, you will be offered that option when you check out.
What is your cancellation policy?
See property listing and/or reservation confirmation for the specific cancellation policy. In the case of a Coastal Maine Vacations cancellation, through no fault of the guest, the guest may be entitled to a refund of one hundred (100) percent of the lodging for the unused nights less certain booking costs if canceled 30 days prior to arrival. If cancellation is less than 29 and more than 14 days prior to arrival guest shall be refunded fifty (50) percent of their total rent amount minus booking costs. Reservations are non-refundable if less than 14 days before your arrival date. Coastal Maine Vacations’ liability shall not exceed the fifty (50) percent of the amount paid for the unused nights in the event of cancellation.
What can I expect to find in the home?
We’ll stock every Coastal Maine Vacations home with linens (sheets and towels) and supply a starter pack of toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, and laundry detergent. To reduce contact, extra supplies are not delivered during your stay.
Items INCLUDED in each Rental Property
* All linens such as sheets, pillowcases, comforters, and blankets.
* Additional sheets, pillowcases, pillows, and blankets are provided for each sleeper sofa or futon (if equipped).
* Each full bathroom is stocked with bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths. Each home also comes equipped with a starter kit of toilet paper, bath soap, and shampoo/conditioner.
* Every home has a fully equipped kitchen. You will have all the basics including cookware (pots and pans, utensils (forks, knives, spoons), table settings (plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups, etc.) and common appliances like a range, oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. A starter kit of dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher pods (if equipped), paper towels, and trash bags are also provided.
* Hangers are in each closet.
* Laundry detergent, if equipped
* Brooms, dustpans, possibly vacuums
Items NOT INCLUDED in each Rental Property:
* Food products, spices, condiments and other basic cooking supplies like flour, sugar, etc.
* While most homes may have some basic spices; you should plan to bring or purchase any spices, condiments, salt, sugar, oils, etc. that you might need.
* Cleaning supplies (other than dish soap).
* Toothpaste, toothbrushes and other toiletries not mentioned above.
* Due to the mild ocean air and breezes, not all of our homes have air conditioning. Be sure to confirm before booking.
Most homes have hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, but not guaranteed. If you need these items plan to bring your own or email ahead to confirm.
What is your pet policy?
We have lots of dog-friendly homes to choose from—just check the home’s listing, and make sure to add your dog to your reservation. A non-refundable pet fee of $200 is assessed for each animal. While there is no fee for service dogs, certification may be requested. Failure to notify of animal stay will result in an added fee cleaning fee of $300 and possible eviction.
How old do I have to be to rent a Coastal Maine Vacations home?
The minimum age for renting is 25 years old.
Does my baby count toward the total occupancy?
No. We don’t start counting kids toward the occupancy until they’re over the age of three.
What's the policy for maintenance requests and assistance during my stay?
We've adjusted our procedure for maintenance requests, for your safety and that of our staff. We’ll only visit a home during your stay if there’s an emergency maintenance issue. You can contact us through the Coastal Maine Vacations DACK app should an emergency arise. Download the app from the Guest Portal page.
Will all of the amenities be available at my vacation rental?
If your Maine Coastal Vacations home includes access to shared amenities, please be aware that we cannot guarantee they’ll be open during your stay. Due to COVID and some challenges with staffing, some business hours and policies may have changed. You cannot always rely on an updated website. Access to their amenities is beyond our control. We encourage you to check specific businesses or services to ensure availability before your trip so you can be as prepared as possible. We do not offer refunds or credits for limited hours or services beyond our control.
I need to cancel my reservation. All reservations must be canceled through the original booking agent. Refer to your confirmation email for details.
I need to change guests or pets on my reservation. There is no charge for additional guests as long as it does not exceed the maximum occupancy listed for the home. Be sure the home allows pets. There is a pet fee associated with bringing a pet ($200). Be sure to let us know you are bringing your pet (or sign a service animal waiver) or there will be an additional $100 assessed for a total of $300.
Can I check in early?
The standard check-in time allows our Guest Readiness Specialists to fully prepare the home for your arrival, so we do not schedule early check-ins.
Where is my door code?
Your door code can be retrieved by logging into the Coastal Maine Vacations DACK app. Download it from our Guest Portal page
I can’t find the home.
Make sure you’ve checked the driving directions in your check-in email. Then, try using Google Maps, Apple Maps, or Waze. A tip: Before leaving for your trip: Review the outdoor picture of your home so it is easily recognizable when you are getting close. It is easier to recognize a house than a small address. Call us at 207-517-7810 if you're still unable to find the home.
What does Maine Coastal Vacations Rentals’ Trust and Safety fee cover?
The Trust and Safety fee protects our guests against unintentional damage done to the property. This is not insurance, and the Trust and Safety does not apply to intentional damage done by you or your guests, excessive wear and tear, damage due to parties, smoking, pets or otherwise. Additional cleaning charges due to stains or spills, fines incurred by the police or HOA due to noise, excessive trash, parking fines, or damage beyond $10,000 would not be covered.
What does Maine Coastal Vacations' Guest Readiness Specialist (housekeeping) fee cover?
The Guest Readiness Specialist (GRS) fee is a one-time fee that covers each reservation’s departure clean. Unlike a hotel, we do not provide daily maid service unless specified with an agent and for additional (housekeeping) fees. The good news is that all Maine Coastal Vacations' guests arrive to a clean home and shouldn’t have to worry about cleaning up before they go. This is all included in the GRS fee. See our Guest Readiness Specialist page for more information.
Do you have any house rules?
Although some homes have additional local ordinances, we request that all Maine Coastal Vacations' guests follow the below policies to keep people and the home safe:
* Please behave as you would in any home in which you live, with respect for property and neighbors.
* You (the reserving party) will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period and other occupants of the home during your stay will be family members, friends, responsible adults or children under direct adult supervision.
* Do not exceed the maximum occupancy of the home.
* No parties, noise that can be heard beyond the home lot line or in adjacent units or any illegal activity may occur at the home.
* No pets are allowed unless otherwise noted for specific properties and where you have paid a pet fee in connection with your booking in advance. Registered service animals are allowed when you provide proof of registration upon request.
* No smoking or vaping is allowed in or around any home.
* Check-in time is 4 pm and check-out time is 10 am.
* Please use common courtesy at the home by keeping it clean, reporting any problems or damages, washing dishes as used, taking garbage to the outside bins, leaving towels in the bathrooms and sheets in the bedrooms, and not rearranging furniture.
* Please start a load of towels upon departure of the home.
I’m having a great time. Can I add a day or two to my reservation? Contact Coastal Maine Vacations' Reservation Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org to see about availability.
I'm having trouble with the TV/internet/hot tub/fireplace.
Please check the Maine Coastal Vacations DACK App for specific instructions about your home's amenities.
For internet issues,
Can I check out late?
We currently do not offer late check-out. Our standard check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
How do I leave a review/rating?
Your feedback is invaluable to our team, our homeowners, and our future guests! We’ll email you after your stay asking for a review of your Maine Coastal Vacations home and your experience with us.
We publish all reviews that help guests choose whether a Maine Coastal Vacations home is right for them. Your honest feedback about a home’s location, furnishings, and layout—positive or negative—is crucial. If a review isn’t helpful to future guests (like complaints about poor weather during a stay), it may not be shared publicly. Of course, any guest feedback about customer service or Guest Readiness Specialists is always shared with our management teams for appropriate follow-up and coaching.
I left something behind.
Contact us at email@example.com If possible, we can mail you your lost item . Otherwise, we’ll donate it to a local charity.
How do I list my home on Maine Coastal Vacations?
Please see our Property Management page for more information.